At The Clarke Clinic we combine Osteopathic assessment with gentle, safe, effective treatment to help prepare mum for child birth, caring for her baby and possible discomfort from pregnancy and childcare.
- A mothers’ body goes through a lot of changes during the pregnancy-these are best handing when prepared for in advance.
- Osteopathic treatment and exercise prescription may help mothers prepare for pregnancy and help make the birth process as easy and comfortable for both mother and child.
- As a preparation for the demands of childcare it is often very useful that both mother and father are assessed and treated for any potential issues concerning spinal health and movement, neck and shoulder pain and/or stability.
To complement our Osteopathic assessment and treatment we offer the following:-
- Nutritional and lifestyle advice FOR MOTHER, FATHER AND CHILD from Ayurveda.
- Life coaching advice, and meditation advice to help prepare parents for their new role as a parent.
- Yoga , Pilates, Gyrotonics and Functional exercise prescription to help mother prepare for labour, and return to exercise after child birth.